Full Time Hair Stylist for a Hair Salon in Cayman Islands .
Minimum experience required: over 5 years.
Location: George Town, KY
Start date: Open Ended
• Providing knowledgeable consultation services with customers to style hair to desired effect according to facial features, hair type, skin tone and latest beauty trends.
• Cutting, coloring and styling hair in accordance with customer needs and preparing hair for styling by accurate analysis of hair and scalp condition.
• Applying hair extensions, keratin treatments and other smoothing treatments to a high standard.
• Effectively producing desired effect by arranging, shaping, curling, cutting, trimming, setting, bleaching, dyeing and tinting hair.
• Applying accurate and current technical knowledge to all of the above ensuring safe, effective and desired outcomes are achieved consistently and advising clients on their haircare needs.
• Creating hairstyles for customers for formal events.
• Demonstrating and recommending styling products to suit client`s needs
• maintaining appointment calendar and maintaining a neat salon with clean and sanitized equipment.
• Effectively managing time to ensure all client appointments begin as scheduled.
Applicants should possess (as a minimum):
• At least 8 years’ current experience as a stylist
• Relevant qualification/ certification in hairstyling and beauty with recent demonstrated commitment to maintaining current professional development
• Must have a strong knowledge of latest trends and treatments including keratin, hair extensions and chemical curling
• Previous experience in creating formal hairstyles for special events
• Ability to work independently with no supervision
• Ability to work quickly and accurately in time-pressured conditions.
• Must be an independent worker with exceptional people skills and a calm, happy personality.
• Must be willing to work early mornings, evenings and weekends as this is a common requirement for the position.
Applicants are required to hold a clean police record.
The base salary is $1600 per month plus commission, gratuities and statutory benefits as required by law.