You must be permitted to work in this country.
Minimum experience required: over 2 years.
Salary: Negotiable based skills and experience
Location: Toronto, CA
Essential Qualifications: Degree
Required Skills: Hair Stylist
Start date: Immediately
Business information: This Salon is beauty and hair salon. We offer all hair care needs to our clients: straightening, digital perming, haircutting, barbering and styling. Coloring, extensions, make-up, highlighting, Japanese straightening, ombre, balayage, color correction, double process blondes
Type of Employment: Full time – Permanent
Anticipated Start Date: As soon as possible
- Clean and style wigs and hair pieces,
- Analyze hair and scalp condition and provide basic treatment or advice on beauty care treatments for scalp and hair,
- Suggest hair style compatible with client's physical features or determine style from client's instructions and preferences,
- Cut, trim, taper, curl, wave, perm and style hair,
- Apply hair extensions,
- Cut and trim hair according to client's instructions or preferences,
- Shave and trim beards and mustaches,
- Provide other hair treatment, such as waving, straightening and tinting and also provide scalp conditioning massages,
- Apply hair colouring techniques such as colour , colour glossing, ombre, balayage, color correction, double process blondes
- Apply hair styling techniques such as blow drying, hair braiding, iron waving/curling, permanents, extensions, twisting, locking, relaxing, spiking, pin curls, roller settings, digital perming and Japanese hair straightening,
- Train junior stylist in special techniques specific to Asian hair,
- Book appointments,
- Shampoo customers' hair,
- Maintain and order supplies.
- Some secondary school education is required.
- Completion of a 2 or 3 years hairstyling apprenticeship program or completion of college or other program in hairstyling combined with on-the-job training is required. Several years of experience may replace formal education and training.
- Having the trade certification for hairstylists or be willing to obtain it as soon as possible is required.
- Knowledge of hair styling techniques as digital perming and Japanese hair straightening is a strong asset as we receive many Asian customers who require these specific services.
- Physical capabilities: manual dexterity, attention to detail, hand-eye co-ordination, standing for extended periods.
- Language: speak Japanese is an asset as we receive many customers who are Japanese and do not speak English.
Salary: $16.00 to $18.00 hourly, 38 Hours per week.
Work schedule: Monday: 11am to 5pm, Tuesday: 11am to 6pm, Wednesday: 11am to 6pm, Thursday: 11am to 8pm, Friday: 11am to 8pm, Saturday: 10am to 3pm. Flexibility in schedule is required: availability according to clients’ appointments. Overtime may be required.
Please apply online