Seasonal Massage Therapist for a 5 Star Hotel Spa in Japan .
Minimum experience required: over 1 year.
Salary: ¥1,300 to ¥1,600 per hour
Location: Niseko, JP
Start date: 11 Nov 2019
If you enjoy the snow, are eligible for a Working Holiday Visa, speak English and are a passionate spa and massage therapist, this will be the job for you.
- Perform massage, body and facial treatments while maintaining the clients comfort at all times.
- Ensure individualized guest service through acknowledging and responding to their needs and expectation.
- Maintain a clean and neat work environment at all times, ensuring all equipment is in safe working order.
- Actively participate in all areas of the Spa operation.
- Assist guests regarding hotel facilities in an informative and helpful way.
- Follow department policies and procedures.
- Follow all safety and sanitation policies.
Below are some of the things that we would find desirable in your application, though if none of this applies to you, you might still be the right person for us!
- At least 1 year experience in a Spa or similar environment.
- Qualification in Massage and/or Beauty Therapy.
- Excellent presentation, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong desire to be part of a united team and community.
- Excellent attention to detail, as well as impeccable grooming and presentation.
- Excellent understanding of the spa, health and well-being industry.
- Extra qualifications and experience in a wide range of Spa modalities will be highly regarded.
- Excellent time management skills & ability to adapt & personalize treatments to guest's concerns.
- Ability to remain calm under pressure and great problem solving skills.
- Use initiative and proactive and positive attitude to assist team members to ensure operations run smoothly.
- Language skills (English, Japanese, Mandarin and other language skills desirable).
- Ability to take part in the local community, be respected and trusted by community stakeholders
- 11 November 2019 to 05 April 2020, with the potential to extend, availability of work dependent.
- Around 40 hours per week.
- Roster will be made based on hotel occupancy, and we may ask you to work more or less hours and days.
- ¥1,300 - ¥1,600 per hour.
- 25% overtime rate for hours worked above prescribed working hours
- 25% late night work rate for work between 10pm and 5am.
- Staff Accommodation provided
- Your own free full season Grand Hirafu Lift Pass
- Bi-monthly Pay
- Cost Price on Skye Niseko-delivered Services
- Discounts on HTM's services
- Free ski/snowboard group lessons & workshops (availability dependent). Show Less