Seasonal Spa Manager for a 5 Star Hotel Spa in Japan .
Minimum experience required: over 2 years.
Salary: 1,800 to 2,000 JPY per hou
Location: Niseko Japan, JP
Essential Qualifications: Degree
Required Skills: Management
Start date: Immediately
Originally an Onsen (natural hot spa) resort, popular within Japan but otherwise internationally unknown, Niseko is now famous throughout Japan and around the world for its exceptional powder snow and is now one of the fastest growing ski destinations in the world. With its unique Japanese character and mix of international influences, Niseko offers an experience not found anywhere else in the world.
Located within our hotel in Niseko Resort, the Ryko Spa provides a wide range of services to restore and refresh the mind, body and spirit. Services include physiotherapy, invigorating massages, facials and full body treatments utilising premium skincare and technology, and weightlessness experiences in Hokkaido’s first ever Float Tank.
Ryko Spa is looking for an experienced Spa Manager to oversee the day-to-day running of the spa.
The Spa Manager will be required to;
- Manage and supervise all aspects of the day-to-day operation of the Spa.
- Supervise the Spa Therapists and the treatments provided within the Spa.
- Ensure and deliver exceptional customer service.
- Set a positive example for guest relations.
- Interact with guests in a professional and effective manner.
- Lead a team of therapists showing both responsiveness to business needs as well as empathy for therapists/staff.
- Handle guest problems and complaints.
- Find creative solutions to drive revenue.
- Comprehend budgets, operating statements and payroll progress reports as needed to assist in the financial management of department.
- Manage supplies and equipment inventories within budget.
- Maintain cleanliness of spa and related areas and equipment.
- Understand the impact of department's orientation on the overall property financial goals and objectives and achieve or exceed budgeted goals.
- Empower employees to provide excellent customer service.
- Strive to improve service performance.
- Ensure that the spa orientation follows SOP guidelines.
- Provide usage reports on therapy services.
- Establish and maintain open, collaborative relationship within employees and ensure employees do the same within the team.
- Regularly review policies and procedures relating to the spa taking action to formulate and propose improvements.
- Assist with recruitment of Spa staff as necessary.
- Ensure that the employees have a complete understanding of and adhere to the Spa facilities policies and procedures.
- Ensure that all employees adhere to the established standards of hygiene and grooming.
- Ability to take part in the local community, be respected and trusted by community stakeholders
Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
- Previous experience in management of a 5-star Spa.
- You must also have fluency in both written and spoken English. Japanese skills not required but would be highly regarded.
- Bachelors Degree in Business and/or Hospitality Management would be an advantage.
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to prioritize tasks and manage time effectively.
- Confident Communicator with the ability to build strong relationships with customers.
- Excellent leadership skills.
- Good management, financial and administration skills, including computer literacy.
- Pleasant, presentable and passionate about guest service.
- In depth knowledge of Spa treatments, procedures and operations.
Employment Period: Immediate start (no later than 1st Nov 2018) until 16 April 2019
Workings hours: Generally 5 days per week, around 40 hours per week. This is likely to be higher during peak season (including some weeks where you may be required to work 6 days) and a little quieter during the start and end of the season.
Pay Rate: Between ¥1,800 to ¥2,000 per hour (depending on skills and experience)
- Staff Accommodation provided
- Free Lift Pass
- Cost Price on Skye Niseko-delivered Services
- Discounts on HTM services
- Free Ski & Snowboard group lessons
Eligibility: To be considered for this position, you must be either;
- eligible for a Working Holiday Visa; or
- Hold a minimum of a Bachelor Degree for Sponsorship; or
- Have the right to work in Japan Show Less