You must be permitted to work in this country.
Minimum experience required: over 5 years.
Salary: Negotiable based skills and experience
Location: Castle Cary, GB
Required Skills: Aromatherapy, Asian Treatments, Ayurvedic Treatments, Balinesian Treatments, Bathing Rituals, Beauty Therapy Specialist, Deep Tissue Massage, Eastern European Traditional Treatments, Facial Specialist, Hawaiian Treatments, Healing, Herbal / Organic
Start date: Immediately
This property in Somerset has ancient woodland, historic gardens and far reaching views. It is a unique destination with Hotel, Spa, Restaurants and much more. Visitors can take a tour of the gardens, deer park and cyder press, dine in the Garden Café and visit our farm shop. Expecting to attract some 150,000 visitors per year, It is a vibrant and thriving attraction, animated throughout the seasons by special events, workshops and education programmes.
Our Spa is no ordinary Hotel Spa! With guest wellbeing at the fore, It sets its own standards through unparalleled design, carefully selected to celebrate the surroundings. Rich in style with Medieval Herb Garden, an extensive array of breath-taking thermal and water facilities including Hammam, Rasul, Halotherapy Room, Picture Window Sauna and Indoor/Outdoor Wild pool with hydrotherapy. We have seven treatment rooms, which include spaces for Manicure and Pedicure. Products eventually will be made especially to our specific requirements, with our own ingredients. We encourage our therapists to build relationships with our guests and to be able to provide signature therapies of the highest quality.
You will work in achieving our vision to deliver a seamless guest journey from pre-arrival to post-stay communications and interactions. You will offer the most exceptional guest service possible and nurture a strong sense of pride in the products and services the estate provides. You will also be integral in ensuring a sense of community with colleagues in all parts of the estate
- Welcoming guests on arrival, providing excellent guest journey
- Provide, leadership, direction, motivation and support to Spa team
- Proactively assist guest’s with enquiries
- Respond to requests, pre-empting any further enquires guests may have
- Manage guest expectations
- Payment handling
- To have a full knowledge of services & products the estate offers
- Enforce company parameters & cancellation policies
- Ensure data is stored securely
- Provide world class treatments to guests
- Assist colleagues & other departments where required
- Provide Finance and budget reports
- Monitor all procedures, rotas, sickness, holidays, and payroll
-  Car Driver essential
Skills and Experience
- A professional Spa Manager from a 5 star hotel or similar background with proven experience in managing a team of therapists and inventory including retail products, equipment and cleaning materials across the business.
- Proven practical experience in managing a spa business regarding budgetary and financial success.
- Ability to work effectively in all areas of the spa, including therapies and treatments.
- Excellent Written and verbal communication skills
- College, degree or higher education preferred.
- Time management and the ability to effectively prioritise workload
- Problem solving skills and innovative thinking
- Teamworking skills and enjoying working in a team environment
- Proficient in Microsoft word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Excellent organisation skills
- Willingness to learn and work with a variety of systems
- A proactive manager who portrays a standard of behaviour, which incorporates impeccable conduct and outstanding personal appearance.
Excellent Benefits package available from day one including:
- Exceptional working environment, fresh estate grown meal provided each day
- Annual Performance Bonus
- 30% discount in the shops across the estate
- 30% discount at restaurants across the estate
- 30% discount on Newt cyder and Babylonstoren wine
- 50% discount in the Spa
- Anniversary stay in the hotel each year, Dinner bed and breakfast.
- Discounted hotel stays for staff
- Family pass to access the estate
- Entry passes for friends and family to access the estate
- Family Events 3 times per year
- Access to internal/external training qualifications and programmes
- Cross Training and career development opportunities